|Representative Transactions Handled by Our Firm’s Attorneys
We formed Fragner Seifert Pace & Winograd, LLP to fulfill a simple
goal: to provide the highest quality legal services while maximizing the
value we add to to our clients’ business affairs. We strive to be as
efficient as possible, using common sense approaches that benefit our
clients on an immediate, short term and long term basis.
- Acquisition of Hollywood & Highland ® shopping center in Hollywood, CA,
including 637 room flagged hotel, Kodak Theater and retail complex for over
$200 million. Our Firm served as lead counsel.
- Lead counsel in negotiating Disposition and Development Agreements for mixed
use projects in San Diego, San Jose, Huntington Beach, Sacramento, Los
Angeles, Brea, San Pedro, Pomona, Anaheim and West Hollywood, representing
aggregate investment of $400 million.
- Foreclosure and subsequent sale of 1,000,000sf office building in Downtown
Los Angeles, representing lender consortium.
- Lead counsel in negotiating all loan documents and preparing and delivering
California enforceability opinions for structured limited recourse loans
(simultaneous mortgage loan and multiple mezzanine loan tiers) of over $1.5
billion secured by operating California commercial real estate.
- Joint venture for remediation and development of property previously used for oil
production in Brea and Fullerton, CA, on behalf of Union Oil Corporation.
- Sale/leaseback transactions for major insurer, totaling more than $200 million.
- Office and retail leases ranging from 6 square feet to 600,000 square feet.
- Loan secured by property in seven states funded by Bank of America in an
amount in excess of $700 million.
- California aspects of and California legal opinions for the purchase and mortgage
financing ($100+ million) of a 60+ story office tower in Downtown L.A., and the
same for the 2008 purchase and mortgage financing and 2013 refinancing of two
office buildings west of Downtown L.A. ($90+ million in 2008, refinanced for
$85+ million in 2013), a to-be-built office tower in Orange County, CA ($57+
million), and a portfolio of Southern California office buildings ($27 million).
- Formation of partnership to acquire multifamily housing properties in south-
central Los Angeles for rehabilitation, supported by tax-exempt bonds and
Federal tax credits.
- Representation of both buyers and sellers in bulk purchases and sales of pools of
mortgage loans ranging from $10 million to over $200 million
- Securitization of $275 million mortgage loan pool
- Lead counsel for a purchaser of a portfolio of existing Southern California office
buildings in a single (simultaneous closing) transaction for over $1.4 billion.
- Lead counsel for acquirer by a negotiated deed-in-lieu of foreclosure of a
portfolio of 22 apartment buildings in San Francisco.
- Lead counsel in a series of §1031 exchange transactions, including exchanges of
tenancy-in-common interests, for numerous Southern California office buildings.
- Representation of originator in selling portfolios of mortgage loans (over $100
million) secured by multifamily affordable housing properties.
Welcome to Fragner Seifert Pace & Winograd, LLP